Saturday, February 2, 2013

ZUMBATHON!!!

 
ZUMBATHON!!!
I don't even know where to begin to describe Zumbathon!! First, let's say it isn't for the faint of heart!! 2 solid hours of cardio is hard core!! I figured out it is the equivalent of a 10 mile run. Except with jumping and arm waving (flailing if your me) and booty shaking!!
I went with a group of 10 ladies and we were LITERALLY the only white chicks there!! Which is only remarkable because I have never experienced that before!! To literally be a minority where even the MC spoke in a different language!!
 
The energy was amazing!! I felt more uninhibited than I do in our valley class. The Latina ladies didn't care if they messed and up, and didn't care if I messed up. And I didn't care if I stood there totally confused because I didn't know them!! We were all just there to get our groove on and support a good cause.
 
I have to admit, when Annie started her class in 2010 I didn't want to go. Not because I don't like her or dancing, just because I'm introverted and a gathering of people I might have to socially interact with didn't sound like fun!! I went mainly just to get my sister off my back from bugging me. And I am SO SO SO glad I did!! I have loved it from the start!!
 
 Said relentless sister and her friend Brandi.
 
 Me and my sister. I was considered the spy of the group as I blended in the best!!
 
 Annie and Becky.
Annie taught a couple of songs and she was awesome!! Totally killed it!!
We made her stand in front of us so we could still kind of watch her when she got to participate. Watching her was like watching a duck released from captivity into water. She was in her element!!
 
 This is a poor picture. But this is the room from the very back.
We were shoulder to shoulder. It was so close and at first I thought I'd have too many people in my personal bubble!! But it was great!!
 
 This is most of the group that was from the valley. A couple more came after the picture and I didn't get an "after" picture.
I should have because I was DRENCHED in sweat!! It was embarrassing!! I looked like a guy after a football game!!
My sports bra was soaked through and so was my thin shirt.
 
Another shot of the room.
It was so awesome. I loved the energy and the vibe of the whole night. I hit my wall about an hour and 15 minutes in. But rallied after I drank a protein shake!!
But my 2nd wind only lasted about 30 more minutes and then I was done. I could just not lift my legs to do another jumping jack!! I was starting to get uncoordinated!!
 
It was a great night and I'm so glad I got to go. I got to spend time with my sister and got to know a couple of new ladies that are really awesome people!!

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

Yvette took me to one of her Zumba classes here in Logan... (Where I am now.) I love it! Yvette is really good at it because she has done it for so long.

ToOdLeS.